14-35mm f2 SWD, Olympus put a LOT of thought into this lens

Started Jul 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
dab1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,227
Re: 14-35mm f2 SWD, Olympus Support

SphericalAberration wrote:

Let us know how you get on:

I got through to Olympus support in Europe and they were really excellent. I explained the issues I had with the 14-35 having a tendency to accelerate very fast to nearly the point of focus and then start to make more minor adjustments before confirming focus, as compared with the 12-60 which more often locks straight on.

The support said they had both lenses in the office and an E3 body, so they would check the issues and call me back. They called back and confirmed that the 14-35 will not lock on like the 12-60 and that it tends to "rack" - the guy had seen similar issues before and thought that a firmware fix was required. He thought for this type of SWD lens it should focus faster.Apparently when such issues are confirmed their procedure is to send the details to Hamburg, and I guess from there Japan. He will send a report to Hamburg today and thought it can be resolved. So hopefully there may be a firmware update to address.

I really must say again that the Olympus support was excellent, very fast and helpful.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow