z1012is first impressions

Started Jun 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
prosumer 3
prosumer 3 Regular Member • Posts: 201
z1012is first impressions

Finally after months of trying to purchase either a z812is or a z1012is finally a z1012is arrived at my door. First impressions !! the lense cap is beyond annoying, should fit the internal actual lens not the external housing, switch the camera on lens cap is forced off circa a p712. Lack of a decent manual really makes a large difference on how easy this camera is to use, while a full manual is available to read on kodaks website if you want a copy in front of you do prepare to use a tank of ink and many many pages on your printer as it seems a downloadable version is not available without being printed. Z1012IS takes a great shot straight up as a switch on and shoot, and the 10 megs is very nice, focus seems accurate, both hdtv and normal video produce a real nice quality video, BUT THE SOUND IS RUBBISH compared to my old dx6490 and dx7590, put simply the sound is abysmal. Do i like the camera yes, does it feel good in your hand yes, is it a little pearler so far yes indeed it seems to be, is the video good quality? yes it appears to be, but a mouse squeeking produces better sound,lol. Heaps more fun to have with this little beauty though,nice camera.

prosumer 3's gear list:prosumer 3's gear list
Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare Z980 Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus Stylus SP-100 Pentax K-5 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow