a 350 is not a fair test

Started Jun 8, 2008 | Discussions thread
Graham Best Veteran Member • Posts: 3,426
Hasselblad Jr.

If Sony had marketed this a bit differantly, I wonder what the perception would be.

I'm hoping the new full frame will be introduced at an unbelievable price, but I'm realistically expecting the price to be in the $3500 range. If so, the A350 would be a perfect companion to my A700, more so to me than a second A700.

Poor high ISO performance? So what. I'd expect a $30,000 Hasselblad to turn in similar poor high ISO images. For owners of the A350, if you're trying to shoot in low light, throw a flash on the camera. For the majority of your shots, be content that you have one of the best resolving cameras on the market, for a price they were charging for point and shoots mere months ago.

I am a licensed general contractor. I have 8 different pneumatic nailers, each perfect for the job intended. (I won't even mention the number of saws I have. ). A single tool seldom provides the best performance for all jobs. The A350 may not be the best camera on the market for everything, but for what it does well, it does very well.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Graham

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
Oscar Wilde

Graham Best's gear list:Graham Best's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony a7R Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow