a 350 is not a fair test

Started Jun 8, 2008 | Discussions thread
yakkosmurf Senior Member • Posts: 2,208
Re: a 350 is not a fair test

I think you're out of arguments trying to save face for your precious camera. I agree with the other posters that the lens is not really inferior to the other ones. Also, the types of problems seen with the picture examples in the a350 review were not lens induced problems. Also, the same lens was used for the a700 review, and no one questioned the choice for that review. If the lens works well on the a700, I would think it would work just as well on the a350.

I do agree that processing could be affecting things as ACR has been shown not to do well with Sony RAW files on the new cameras. Although, that doesn't explain the poor looking camera generated jpegs at high ISO.

Basically, the lens was not the issue. The camera's performance is part of the story, and the processing could be a factor for the converted RAW files. I'm sorry if this is so hard to accept.

kobi b wrote:

the minolta 50mm that they tested is wors than the canon and the nikon
lenses i had the chance to review it my self vs canon 50mm and the
canon turned to be much much beter. my opinion is that test shuld be
made with one sort of lens somthing like sigma 50mm for all cameras,
how can dp review test a camera
with complitly different lenses ,there assumption that all lenses
from nikon pentax canon etc, all f1.4 are the same , thats not true,
go to photozone.de and you
will see my point. what do you think ??????

kobi

-- hide signature --
 yakkosmurf's gear list:yakkosmurf's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony a7R IV Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow