new s600

Started Jun 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Terri French Veteran Member • Posts: 3,606
new s600

I just purchased the s600 last week. I've been experimenting with it quite a bit. Here are my impressions. I love the design of the camera. I've found the controls easy to use. The LCD is easy for me to see--very bright and clear. The VR seems to work well.

The color in auto WB seems a bit cold to me, but fairly easy to fix in post processing. I have not tried manually setting the WB. We've had pretty strong sunlight here the past few days. I do wish I could turn down the contrast in this situation, but there is no control for that. I have tried the d-lighting and it does work well.

I mostly shoot with a Nikon D200 and very nice top of the line lenses. I bought this camera to keep in my purse and use when I don't have my DSLR with me. I love the size and build of the camera for that purpose. The jury is still out on the IQ for me, but all I have to comapre it with is my D200!! I haven't used a P&S camera for several years.

Here are a few samples (all have been post processed).... I didn't use a scene mode for any of these, just the regular shooting mode with auto iso. Hope this helps anyone who is researching this camera.

-- hide signature --
 Terri French's gear list:Terri French's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D5600 Nikon Z6
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow