Thom article and the 200-400mm

Started May 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
TonyCT Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Thom article and the 200-400mm

I think you have commented without thinking. A photograph is created using equipment, applying technique and the situation in which you find yourself when taking the photograph which can also be influenced by your knowledge of the subject you are photographing. To compare the images of one photographer to another is not a useful way to compare the merits of a lens vs another. The merits of one lens over another is best done by one person using both pieces of equipment as the images can be viewed at 100% on his/her computer and the differences established can be analysed to determine whether it was technique or equipment which brought about such differences. Thom has done this and so have I an in my previous posts you will see that I have mentioned that it might be my technique and/or the situation. I seldom read Thom's articles (excluding parts of the D2X guide I have read less than 5 or 6 articles of his) but found this particular article to be spot on with my findings and those of one or two others I have read.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow