* * Mini-Challenge #2: Long Exposure - Results * *

Started May 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DezM
DezM Forum Pro • Posts: 34,369
* * Mini-Challenge #2: Long Exposure - Results * *

Thanks everyone for participating in the 2nd challenge. This was a tough one to judge. Some entries didn't qualify due to entrants using Dx0 ant NOT Dx00 camera bodies.

I was looking for long exposure images that were composed well. Photographs that were technically well done and distortions corrected.

Results as follows:

Honorable Mention (in no particular order)

1971_M5's "Space Needle"

diegonyc's "Triboro Bridge"

Kuvasauna's "The Steps To My Dungeon"

Now, from 10 thru 1st........

1. 10: krustyjag's "River In London"

Beautiful pano of a different look to London. I would love to see this in a larger format.

1. 9: Arnaud M's "Place Saint Marc"

I like the Sepia conversion and reflection on the ground. Was that PPed or was the pavement glossy?

1. 8: philcozz's "On The Thames"

Well exposed and lit photo of an interesting bridge. Rule of Thirds practiced here, which is a plus.

1. 7: John Strock's "Eastern Sierra Startrails"

Well executed photo. Where exactly is this? Looks like something out of this world.

1. 6: nowhereatoll's "Sunset Seascape"

Beautiful sunset setting. What I would've liked for a higher rating is a shadow adjustment to the right on the rocks. I wanted to see what you saw.

1. 5: Mark's "Patterns"

Interesting image and colors. What is this structure? I kept going back to this frame.

1. 4: bolden's "New Zealand"

Another beautiful setting. The photo speaks for itself.

1. 3: Iggier's "Fourth of July Fireworks"

Nicely captured. The reflection in the water and the Monument to the left are a nice touch and fill the frame nicely.

1. 2 and Runner-up: JMacedo's "Lightning"

Very nice composition and perfect timing with the lightning bolt. The dramatic sky and colored lights on that building add to the photo.

1. 1: overbekk's "Haunted Forest"

Stunning image that does look haunted! The touch of color in the background woods and dramatic sky are perfect. Do explain how you lit this scene. Wireless CLS with various external flashes?

I hope you all enjoyed the challenge. You may or may not agree with my choices, but it's all in fun and hopefully it will inspire all of us to do our BEST when capturing images.
--
Dez

http://photos.dezmix.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow