Aperture vs Lightroom - does Aperture have.....
I've been a Lightroom user for around a year now, but after reading so many glowing reports of Aperture 2 decided to give it a trial.
I'm bowled over by the bookmaking options, and do like the fullscreen editing with floating windows (as compared to Lightroom's hidden side windows in fullscreen mode). The Loupe, although cool-looking, confuses me somewhat as I prefer to see the whole image magnified rather than a small portion of it.
These things aside, there are 2 main features of Lightroom which I can't seem to find in Aperture despite searching help files and these forums, and wondered if someone who knows the software well could point me to where they might exist, or confirm that they don't:
1. When comparing 2 images in Lightroom I can "sync" them so that as I navigate around one within the window, the other moves in sync too, thus making it easy to compare the entire images even when magnified. In Aperture I can only navigate one of the images at a time.
2. In Aperture, even at the smallest thumbnail size, the images in the browser are quite large with fairly large gaps in between - a maximum of 13 images fills the entire width of the screen. In Lightroom I can shrink them so that 31 images fit.
Finally many people are mentioning the automatic updating of Smart Folders in Aperture so that when a new image is given a keyword it will automatically be included in the filtering. Doesn't this also happen in Lightroom anyway?
Thanks in advance for help on these.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 19, 2008|
|May 19, 2008|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!