may, 1940. re-enactment in my hometown

Started May 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bas2
Bas2 Contributing Member • Posts: 631
may, 1940. re-enactment in my hometown

On may 10, 1940, German paratroopers invaded the city of Dordrecht, The Netherlands, my hometown.

In fierce battles, hundreds of soldiers were killed.

On may 11, 2008, there was an re-enactment of these battles. All pics I took were done with D50 and 18-55mm and 55-200 vr. I saw a lot of Nikons btw.

The first 4 pics I took shows an attack of Dutch soldiers on German paratroopers who were taking a rest in cafe Sebes named after the owner of the cafe at that time. This cafe is still called Sebes.

Some other pics:

As you see, there were also civilians, clothed in the fashion of that time.

This is a pic of my daughter. the lieutenant, a navy officer, is placing a cap on her head. A nice gesture.

Finally a grim pic from the real battles: two killed Dutch soldiers, one seated against the bunker.

Dedicated to all Dutch soldiers, who, badly trained, with a big shortage of firepower, choose to resist and died for their country. They will never be forgotten.

Bas2's gear list:Bas2's gear list
Nikon D90 Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow