First wedding shoot on Friday

Started May 12, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henrikw
Henrikw Contributing Member • Posts: 776
First wedding shoot on Friday

I'm shooting my first wedding on Friday, and have a couple of last moment questions.
Gear:
40d
400d
Canon 10-22
24-70
70-200
50 1.8
Sigma 500EX and Vivitar 283 flash (with infrared triggers)

The 24-70 will obviously be the workhorse, so I will keep that on the 40d and the 70-200 on the 400d - I don't see a situation when the 10-22 will be useful.

I'm still considering whether or not I should bring two umbrellas/stands for formal indoor portraits, but although they welcome the idea, it's not something the bride/groom require (they are my friends, so it's quite relaxed). How many of you set up a mini studio on location, and is it worth the extra effort?

Also for outdoor I've had great results with off camera flash+umbrella (I have an assistant on the day) - but considering it's my first wedding shoot, perhaps it's better to keep it simple and stick to a reflector. What are your thoughts?

-- hide signature --
 Henrikw's gear list:Henrikw's gear list
Sony a9 Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow