40D vs G9 smackdown

Started Apr 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Matthew Porter Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: My recommendation to you is...

Hey, thanks everyone for your great suggestions.

Seems there are a number of things for me to consider.

Some ideas I hadn't considered are there as well, for example:

• Getting the right bag - I have been looking, but haven't yet found what I wanted

• Having BOTH cameras with me - Maybe that's the solution?

The way I figure it, having BOTH the 40D kit setup and the G9 with me on the trip will mean I have the choice between "it's too hot to carry all that stuff" and "I really want some great shots of this".

As for the bag, I had been looking at the Lowepro Slingshot series, but they all seem a little large.

My dilemma is that I really prefer to shoot with the grip (not so much for battery life, but for comfort in vertical framing), but it seems a small, lightweight bag won't handle the camera with grip attached.

So many things to consider!

Above all though, as someone pointed out - it's about having some fun and getting some shots that I enjoyed taking and will enjoy looking at in years to come.

I'm really seriously considering having both cameras with me now. My wife will hate you all! LOL

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

'True. You can shoot a Canon with a Nikon ... but it's much more fun shooting a Nikon with a Cannon.'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow