Am I the only one who thought of this (85mm 1.2 L)

Started Apr 17, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Am I the only one who thought of this (85mm 1.2 L)

There have been several threads about buyers wondering where to go with regards to which version of the 85mm lens to buy. Of course, with the price difference that is a huge decision. I myself had to go through that. Here is what I thought of.

Renting an 85mm 1.2 II L is pretty expensive, something like $50 for a few days. I noticed that Canon L lenses retain their value exceptionally well (if well taken care of).

I figured that you can buy the 85mm 1.2 II L lens and use it for a significant amount of time, and resell it if you determine that you do not want it. If your lens is in great shape (and it should be), you can sell it for quite a high value. The difference between this and your purchase price is then the "rental" fee for a very extended period of time.

Surely I am not the only one doing this! (of course, so far I am not going to sell my 85mm L lens). But if I have to...it is an option available.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow