There's room below the 1 and above the 5

Started Apr 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Ludovic Monchat Veteran Member • Posts: 3,217
Kai

While I would agree with you, mastering his tools is the most important thing, I must confess your point is not very solid.

Kai Hui wrote:

People make fantastic photos, there are no reason that you can't.

When the light is missing, you need a better AF, a better sensor, a better Digic and so on. I could also ask the light designer to add some beams to help me, right ??

I do too make fantastic photos with the 5D but the keeper ratio isn't that big and could improve with a 1 series or a better cam like a new pro body FF not focusing on mpix.

If nobody else can take the photos you want, what's your worry?

Yes the owners of a 1 can. But I do not want a cropped cam sporting an unreliable AF circuit or a noisy at 1600 and 3200, expensive yet fabulous high resolution studio cam.

Tool is only tool, you and your competitors have the same tool.

Precisely no. We all have different tools. I'm dreaming of an even better one, that could also stop the mpix race. We need quality, little if any noise, smoothness, precision, extended dynamic...

If Canon does come up something as you wish now, you'd complain again
in 3 days that it is not fast enough to shoot a flying bullet.

No way Kai, I'm just having fun with my tools and getting some money out of it and guess what, I'm now able to understand why there are semi-pro AND pro cameras and looking at Canon's offer, I can't find my dream cam.

Technology has advanced pretty fast, but the one who push the button
hasn't.

Oh yes he has, and that's why technique improves. When we can't focus because the light is too dim, we do create a better AF more sensitive.

-- hide signature --

Ludo from Paris
Tankers of tools, thimbels of talent
BestOf http://ludo.smugmug.com/gallery/1158249

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow