Soft lenses

Started Apr 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JustinTyme Regular Member • Posts: 372
Soft lenses

Hey all,

I've been reading on this forum for a few years now but up until recently I really started to spend investing time into researching lenses. So far I have purchases the 70-200 4.0L and the ef-s 10-22 for my 300D (soon to be 40D) :D. Anyways, I see a lot of people write about how the got soft lenses or you really have to return the lenses till you get one you like because the corners are soft, or the images are soft and so on... I've even once read that sending it in to Canon to get your lens calibrated doesn't always work on the first shot. Tell me, are a lot of the people just paranoid or are they people who just look for problems? Or is it Canon that has bad QA? Or is it something more like all the people who seem to have problems congregate on the forums? Obviously if I go to a trusted store and I ask if they have problems with a particular lens they'll say no but you guys tell me what you think.

Justin

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow