Nikon D3 vs Canon 5D - test shots

Started Apr 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
Maciej Freudenheim Contributing Member • Posts: 512
Re: 5D histogram is completely inaccurate....

Bimthecat wrote:

The D3 has TWICE the shutter duty cycle life...making it less
expensive than the Canon.

You got to be kidding - you can replace the shutter for a few bucks, one doesn't need to throw camera away if the shutter fails. It's not an argument at all.

The D3 flash system is much better.

A lot of people say so.

The D3 has better lenses.

What?

Lately I'm using 5D more often than my D3 just because of lenses: there's no 35mm 1.4L equivalent, no 50mm 1.2L equivalent, no 24mm 1.4L equivalent in Nikon line up.

16-35LII is definitely sharper wide open than 17-35mm f/2.8, and they are both sharp at f/8-f/11 across the entire frame.

I'm supposed to receive Nikon's 135mm f/2.0 DC today or on Monday, and I will compare it to Canon's 135mm f/2.0L which is one of my fav lens.

I've also ordered Zeiss 28mm 2.0 Distagon because of lack of the nice lenses in Nikon's line up. I hope to receive this lens today.

I completely DO NOT agree with your statement. Can you please elaborate what lenses exactly did you mean, please?

The D3 is much faster.

Right, but until you shoot sports/action it doesn't really affect images

The D3 has dual CF slots.

True, but it doesn't affect IQ. D3 also has a lot more features not mentioned by you, that 5D doesn't.

The 5D is Prosumer & slow.

Hehe, and how it affects IQ, precisely?

The D3 is a superb tool.
The 5D is made by an office equipment company.

Now, those are real arguments!

Cheers.

-- hide signature --
 Maciej Freudenheim's gear list:Maciej Freudenheim's gear list
Nikon D810 Sony Alpha a7R II Leica SL (Typ 601) Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm GFX 50S +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow