I have changed my mind.

Started Mar 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
Dan Contributing Member • Posts: 952
no problem on my part

i use both Nikon Capture and ACR (CS3). I find the output of ACR is excellant. A few years back I didn't care for ACR, the color profile and white balance was always off (bad skin tones, color casts, stc), since the introduction of CS3, ACR has improved quite a bit (ok 10 fold IMHO) and after years of being a faithful Capture user, I have switched - the performance and output far exceeds what can be obtained in Capture. I no longer find I need to tweak things to get 'great output', the ACR defaults are quite good. With the introduction of tools such as highlight recovery, clarity, and vibrance - CS3 has become the 'one to beat' tool as it's capabilities far outperform that of Capture. I love Capture, but it's hard to go back to after using ACR. If you are having problems, do a little research and don't be frustrated - as someone who has used Photoshop for over 10 years now, it does take time to understand it, but once you master it the results are very rewarding.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow