SM Flashwaves - Cheap alternative to Pocke Wizard

Started Jan 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
P Hartung
P Hartung Regular Member • Posts: 323
Re: SM Flashwaves - Cheap alternative to Pocke Wizard

Thanks for the review, Gene. Based on your review and the cost advantages over PW's, I ponied up the funds to get a couple FlashWaves ordered today and so I hope to get testing with them next week.

What could be worth investigating for those who are on the fence is whether the FlashWaves will sync at 1/250th consistently when stretched across the distance of say 150 feet or more. You'd expect that kind of consistency from PW's for all the moola they fetch.

Consistent synchronization is important to me, even though we don't require our triggers to span so great a distance very often (field sports occasionally).

If anyone has any curiosities they'd like me to test for, then reply before next Friday and I'll try to fit your request into our regimen. I'll report what I find...

-- hide signature --

Paul

“The worth and excellency of a soul is to be measured by the object of its love”
Henry Scougal

P Hartung's gear list:P Hartung's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
JBP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow