Started Mar 15, 2008 | Discussions thread
Darren Langdon
Darren Langdon Contributing Member • Posts: 765
Re: D300 please post your skin tones shots

peted1 wrote:

What lens did you use ????

and what picture settings or PP work

Cheers Pete

If you are asking me, I used 18-135 f3.5-5.6, neutral picture control (sharpening +4, contrast +1, saturation +1, hue -1), and since my PP skills are VERY limited not much was done. I'm sure if I had done some PP on the eyes it would have improved the look, but with these I was happy just the way they are. Very rarely do I need to adjust the exposure of the raw, the D300 meter is freaking awesome. Maybe some control points in NX to accentuate, brighten, or darken certain parts of the image. I love the u-point technology. Very easy to use. Even a beginner in PP (like me) can achieve good results. The last image was put through noise ninja to clean it up a bit, not that it was noisy to begin with. The noise could only be seen if pixel peeping at large resolution.

One should never 'take' a photo but rather make one.....the only thing you should take is your time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_langdon/collections/72157603970297327/

FCAS Member #104

Darren Langdon's gear list:Darren Langdon's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow