5d II. Who will get one?

Started Mar 13, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
koboloy
koboloy Forum Member • Posts: 63
5d II. Who will get one?

The two 5d II spec threads reached 150 posts quickly.
I though this reflects the enormous interest in this camera.

Many might be sceptical and think it is too good to be true.

But I just wonder how many of you would actually buy this camera if the specs and price boxf1 gave us are correct. (and if the high ISO results are as clean or cleaner than the D3) And what body are you upgrading from(Or getting a backup to)?

If the specs and the camera turns out not to be true, then canon should maybe listen to what the people really want for future development.

Nikon or other brand users are also welcome to answer.

I thought potential buyers looking at d300 and d3 might be tempted by these specs/price as well.

I can begin with myself: I actually am still shooting with a 400d while I have been investing in quality glass and waiting for the moment canon came with an

affordable FF body that could make me say: "This is good enough! And it is all I will need for many many years to come!"

I must admit that the 5d have been very tempting latelly with the reduced price, but it could be a sign that the next generation will be just spectacular. And the price of the new body might also drop within 6-12 months. I am in no hurry.

boxf1 wrote:

The new 5D II will not be released at Photokina, but instead will be a surprise announcement on April 22, according to a source I am unwilling to disclose.
The specs of the new camera are as follows (final name unavailable):

• 15.3 MP full frame CMOS sensor (vastly improved light-gathering capacity per pixel: improved micro lenses; miniaturized micro circuitry; enhanced signal/noise ratio)

• Weather sealing same as 1Ds Mark III

• Dual Digic III with all-new "CXR" NR system reported to best 3rd party NR software. Available as a C.F with 4 levels of customizable parameters.

14 bit A/D conversion

• ISO 12800 (C.F. up to 25600)

• Reported 1 2/3 stop sensitivity improvement

• All-new 29-point TTL CMOS sensor

with 12 cross-type for F/2.8 or faster lens
(35% faster than 40D)

• Micro lens fine adjustment for up to 14 lenses

• 300,000 exposure shutter durability

• 6.0 / 3.0 fps

• 3.0" LCD

922,000 pixels

• EOS Integrated Cleaning System

• Live View (improved from 450D; latest generation)

• 6/3 fps continuous shooting for up to 68 frames

• MSRP $3499, available June 2

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jgb
LPG
PG
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow