What is a good backup utility?

Started Feb 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Ben_Egbert Forum Pro • Posts: 20,228
Passed second test.

Built a second profile and it worked. One thing is that when I got to the end of the build a profile process, it would not accept the finish command. I thought it was hung up. What was happening is that it was alerady copying files, and would not allow "finish" until the copy was done. Seems dumb to me.

So I get an error message and the log (good feature because it is easy to find) said it was aborted. I ran it again and it worked fine. It saved the profile eeven though it never allowed me to finish. I guess it means something else when it says finish.

This is my great problem with software writers, they speak a different language.

You can run a profile at any time just by clicking on it. I am using simple save rather than syncronize. I work one direction primary to back up. I am saving one old copy to an old copy file. I won't do this with raw files of course, because there can only be one version of a raw.

-- hide signature --
 Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow