What is a good backup utility?

Started Feb 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
GaryDeM Veteran Member • Posts: 6,297
Re: What is a good backup utility?

still do not know why you worrying about compressed backups of your primary pics. i have a 500gb ext drv which is my primary pic drv. i have about 100gb of images on it. there is another identical 500gb drv that is the backup of the primary. every 2 weeks i simply delete the backup and rightclickanddrag the 1 folder that is in the primary and it makes an identical backup. i also have a 3rd drv that i have another copy of the pics on(when the first rightclickanddrag is done i do the second). after backing up i have 3 identical copys of my pics, if necessary i can get to any or all three, but normally i use the primary only. nothing is compressed ever. i can get to all my shots anytime i want.

what it sounds like is that you do not want to do the backing up yourself. i never have a problem with my system of backups. and i rightclickanddrag some other folders in the c drv to 4th ext hdr drv for a separate backup. the big backups of the pics, i simply start going and go to bed or something else.

the only compressed backup is the image backup from norton save and restore. and there is no reason to look at anything in there. that backup is there in case the main c drv goes to lunch

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow