What is a good backup utility?

Started Feb 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Ben_Egbert Forum Pro • Posts: 20,228
Trying second copy today

This one looks promising.

It has a neat how to use it right on the web page before you donwload and I was able to see that I liked the user interface from that. The price is $29.95, so no problem, so I downloaded the trial version.

It was not hard to set up a back-up of my budget folder just the way I wanted them. The only problem is I keep my budget on my desktop. Not sure how to back up my desktop, or if I want to. I may move my budget back into my budget folder. I was surprised to find out the budget did not exist on my budget folder. Guess I don't understand how desktop works.

I have it set to back up files whenever thay are changed rather than weekly and to syncronize. I also allowed it to save old files to another folder for now. I normally don't want old stuff, because it is just more junk to clean out later. But I can always just delete the folder periodically.

I will try this for a while and see how it works.

One quirk I get is when I open a file I get a sound messege saying "file is in use? Whats that all about?

-- hide signature --
 Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow