ACR - Don, Gabor and Andrea Nivini

Started Feb 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Kilpatrick Veteran Member • Posts: 5,436
ACR - Don, Gabor and Andrea Nivini

Just to set the record straight, my first article on ACR 4.3.1 was not my own initiative or original work. It was a report, on Photoclubalpha in early December, on an article appearing in Italian Tutti Fotografi magazine by Andrea Nivini, which was headlined on the magazine's cover, claiming that ACR 4.x ruined Alpha 700 files. He was working in October 2007, very close after the launch of the camera, to get his article into a magazine which appeared with a December cover date (the cameras only became available in Europe on October 10th).

It is titled GLI ERRORI DI ADOBE CAMERA RAW.

I made some checks and tests of my own using 4.3.1 to see if anything had changed, and before reading Nivini's article, I assumed like most others that the problems lay in Sony A700 NR and raw format etc. My photoclubalpha article went live on December 23rd.

I don't believe that before this date anyone was suggesting that ACR had the kind of bad programming issues now believed, just that it used an algorithm which didn't suit the raw files well.

Andrea Nivini deserves credit, as do Editrice Progresso S.r.l. for publishing such a detailed article over five pages with 27 examples of 100 per cent detail from ACR, IDC 1 and 2, and DCRAW routines.

http://www.fotografia.it/common/sl_articoli_internet/indice.asp?LANG=I

Article not in their archives yet.

David

-- hide signature --

Publishing & Editing Photoworld (photoclubalpha.com), dPhotoexpert.com and Master Photo Digital - currently writing tests for f2 and the BJP

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow