E-3 great for blurry landscapes

Started Feb 17, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
W A Stewart Senior Member • Posts: 1,025
E-3 great for blurry landscapes

My E-1 served well for these medium long exposure, moving camera (hence blurry) landscapes. It's rugged, gets very little long exposure noise (in contrast with high ISO noise), and 5MP is enough by and large. However, there's something to be said for more detail in the midst of blur. After all, it's only one type of blur (hopefully) - just camera movement blur.

Yesterday my wife and I went snowshoeing in the Ice Age Trail and I took the E-3. I prefer the 14-54 (not owning the 12-60) for general landscapes so that's what I took. Here are a few results (with a bit of a sizing issue; they don't quite fit without moving the slider):

(There are magenta casts and some golden casts on the snow that is actually there I believe; I actually removed a lot of it in PP.) Another:

and a motion-oriented one (as many of these are):

One more with the color casts on the snow:

Regardless of how well these images hold up I am pleased with how the E-3 held up.
--
W Alex Stewart

W A Stewart's gear list:W A Stewart's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow