RRS BH-55 on the way!

Started Feb 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SangYuP Regular Member • Posts: 447
RRS BH-55 on the way!

I pulled the trigger and ordered the RRS BH-55 the other day. I can't wait until I get it!!! I was agonizing for months between the Markins M20 and RRS BH-55. I liked everything about the BH-55 except the "lack of smoothness" that I've read about and that it's about .5lbs heavier. The M20 pros is that it's "smoother" and lighter. Since "smoothness" can be subjective, I just decided to get the BH-55.

I do have a question though...what does everyone who own the BH-55 use for the cover? I'm really anal since the tripod (Gitzo 3530LSV) and ballhead were so expensive and I will not be getting another one for the rest of my life. Does the cover that come with the ballhead suffice? I remember reading that the cover used to be neoprene, but they fit tight, but now I read that it ships with a different cover made of condura or something like that. Please let me know how the newer covers fit and if there is a different alternative. Thank you.

SangYuP's gear list:SangYuP's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 +18 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow