P880 bad exposure switch?

Started Feb 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,660
Re: P880 bad exposure switch?

There is a lot of P880 owners on this forum and we think its a great camera. It seems that some have problems rebooting as you experience. The facts are we do not know how many, if its common, or what causes it. A engineer from Kodak says it is the power switch on the shutter board below the button the is the problem. And that Kodak no longer has any parts to repair the P880.

One person fixed his P880 by lowering the button a little and that gave a stronger push to the button. The link is below. I do not suggest trying to repair it unless you know what you are doing. The capacitor for the flash can hold a very high voltage and may cause injury. I also do not suggest doing it the way PavelP880 did as below. There must be a clean way of getting the camera in half. There are two screws behind the rubber EVF, that must come out. The rubber EVF is removed with one screw. There may be other steps in getting it apart.

I give you hints in-case you do try I do not want you to ruin your P880. Do a search for more information on the P880 power switch problem and if you do fix it video it or take pics and let us know the outcome. Ask more questions if you like. Thanks for writing in.

BTW I must add the engineer says in every-case the cause may be different, and it may or may not be the cause. We P880 owners know nothing for sure. Please understand that, nor it seems Kodak knows.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1011&thread=26412791

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow