Free ride? I'll say

Started May 4, 2002 | Discussions thread
Gene Miller Veteran Member • Posts: 3,798
Re: I'm sorry Part ll

Hi Dave,

I have re-read your posting and I found I was more in favor of the appeal which was denied at the time. I believe since the denial of that appeal the ruling against Microsoft was overturned.

Microsoft has been fantastic at making contracts and then as time went on other companies felt left out and that competition was unfair. In some cases I believe that some of their ways have been unfair. But company practices are nearly always unfair, it is whether they crossed the line or not. There are a few issues I feel they have crossed the line but not to the degree that is upsetting you. SUN, HP, and other companies I feel have over stepped the line at times. But that's business. I am not a lover of big business and all these companies fighting each other are big business, and each one wants us to think they are doing it for us. None of them are for us. They want our money. When they do a good job I don't mine spending some. I am not brainwashed by any of them.

I enjoy the idea that we only have one main operating system for PC's and one main operating system for iMAC. At least on PC's you can have multiple operating systems that we can install on a PC. If you feel there are better operating systems, you are free to install them. If you do not want to buy a computer with a pre-installed operating system, you can build your own system or have it built.

You do come across bitterly. Maybe it is just the way you are communicating. BTW, I do not want to bash Sadaam Husein. I just want him out of power or dead. Take care.

David Barkin wrote:

Hi Gene

Sorry for the bad formatting of the court case. In essense what I
posted is the trial judges conclusions. After the trial the
government and Microsoft then came to an agreement/settlement. In
this agreement Microsoft agreed to cease and desist (without
admiting guilt) from all such practices. The district court refused
to accept the agreement and this is what the appeal is all about.

The court rulled in favor of the agreement and stated that it was
the belief of the court that Microsoft would not break the
agreement. This of course is the basis of the latest litigation.
The goverment stating and proving that Microsoft did in fact break
the settlement.

If you feel that I have a "chip on my shoulder" I would suggest
that I am tired of hearing that the only reason I bash Microsoft is
because I am envious of Bill Gates. I also bash Sadaam Husein (no
comparison intended) and I've yet to hear anyone tell me that its
because of envy.

Dave

-- hide signature --

C700uz, E100rs
http://www.pbase.com/gene
Life is just a stage and we all have enough pictures to proof it!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow