Architectural Pics (D40 & Sigma 10-20)

Started Jan 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ianbramham
ianbramham Veteran Member • Posts: 4,353
Architectural Pics (D40 & Sigma 10-20)

It seems like ages since I posted some photo so here's a selection of views from a few famous buildings in the UK that I've visited over the last week or so.

They include The Lowry art gallery and the Imperial War Museum in Manchester which are very near where I work, as well as two buildings in Cardiff, Wales.....the Welsh Assembly and the Millenium Theatre.

All the images were taken with the D40 and Sigma 10-20 handheld. Exif should be intact.

I hope you like these images of modern architecture in the UK - the oldest of the buildings was only built in the year 2000.

Regards,

Ian
http://ianbramham.aminus3.com/
http://photo.net/photos/ian.bramham

1. 1 - The Lowry, Manchester designed by Michael Wilford....unbelievable use of colour and a dream come true for any photographer!

1. 2 - The Imperial War Museum, Manchester designed by the Polish American architect Daniel Libeskind....it's an example of deconstructivist architetecture (Libeskind is perhaps more famous for winning the architectural competition to replan the World Trade Centre site)

1. 3 - The Welsh Assembly (parliament to you & me) designed by the Richard Rogers Partnership who are one of the most famous names in modern architecture...its one of the most environmentally friendly buildings I've been to. The Assembly has a policy of openess and transparency so they positively welcome photographers....such a surprise in these security mad days that we now live in.

1. 4 - Welsh Assembly as the setting sun pours through the glass facade facing the waterfront

1. 5 - 8 .... The Millenium Theatre, Cardiff designed by Capita Percy Thomas.....the big letters are windows that go right through the building facade.

1. 6

1. 7

1. 8 .....the low evening winter sun casting long shadows over the floor in the main foyer

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
BGV
agf
agf
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow