SM Flashwaves - Cheap alternative to Pocke Wizard

Started Jan 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Genes Pentax Senior Member • Posts: 1,080
Re: SM Flashwaves - Cheap alternative to Pocke Wizard

Hi Bill,

When buying from the vendor g9hon.com, not having a support in the US was one of my concerns also. The alternative would've been paying over $200 for the same item with a US or Canadian vendor and risk paying $10 for return shipping vs buying for $150 and risk paying $20 return shipping. It wasn't much of a concern to me to pay so much more. The only item I ever returned was the Chinese made Cactus triggers from e-bay. Being that Flashwaves was a Korean made stuff and costing more, I basically figured that it's got to be a higher quality item. It is.

I've been happy with MicroSync also, but as I was considering getting a second receiver, I was looking at alternatives. Basically, getting another receiver and a cable + hot shoe adapter would've cost another $180. So, I was willing to risk trying Flashwaves for $150. (I had found out that a Canadian vendor was selling the same thing for C$250 and was searching for a cheaper alternative.) If I had known about Flashwaves before buying MicroSync, I wouldn't have MicroSync now.

Gene

Bill C wrote:

Gene - Thank you for the information and for taking the time to
document the various configurations/options on your Flickr account.
I was ready to order the MicroSync, however, based on your review I
may be switching (yet again!). One of my concerns is support - with
the MicroSync, I can return to the vendor in US
Thanks.
Bill

http://genespentax.blogspot.com/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
JBP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow