them having to know how to write even a simple batch file, much
less a simple what if program. If you think it would have happened
if they had to learn those things, you have very little info on
the people using computers today. Because of Windows and the
open Intel platform, my mother has a digital camera, a computer,
writes email, and surfs the web. Without Windows and the open
Intel platform, she would be doing none of them. That is the
bottom line.

I agree that the GUI and multitasking is wonderful ... BUT ... remember that even BEFORE windows ... there was GEOS and DESKVIEW. They were GREAT products for there time .. but they were "not MicroSoft" so MS would not let the OEM's sell them so both companies went out of business.

AND if MS "technology" is so great ... WHY did it take at LEAST 4 versions to get Windows to work even half/ass. Windows 1 didn't work ... neither did Windows 2 ... and neither did Windows 3 ... it was not until 3.1 (and later 3.1.1) that was even close enough to being stable enough to use. Windows 95 was laughed at by Apple who put out T-shirts saying "Windows95 = Apple/Mac 84". That is an 11 year gap that MS needed to "catch-up".

And then there was ME that even MS won't admit to ... (great technology ... YEAH).

And NOW we have XP ... his has bugs but even if it worked 100% without bugs ... is not a "credit" to MS cause it is now going BACK to IBM's OS/2 technology (NT).

And you mentioned they "supported" USB ... HA .. HA ... what about USB-2 ??? ... there are hundreds of products shipping with USB-2 but MS "decided" to without support of it ... (until maybe XP-Second Edition).

MS has NEVER "successfully" developed ANYTHING on its own ... it has NEVER had ANY ORIGINAL IDEAS. They have NEVER been successfull at ANY PRODUCT except for the Windows/Office combination that they achieved and maintained "monopoly" status ILLEGALLY.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto

( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto

( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow