Near UniWB for D3

Started Jan 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Psweetie Regular Member • Posts: 453
Near UniWB for D3

The thread started by Julia Borg, following a translation from a Spanish paper on a novel method of creating UniWB, seems to have been lost in the disc failures.

My personal exoperience was that the method did lead to a color which, when used to set the WB (like a gray card) gave coefficient that were closer to unity but I had trouble getting an exact match. In the end I went back to my engineering roots and did it empirically (i.e. I did a lot of trial and error). In the end I came up with an RGB color of 96/64/72 which gave RGB cooefficients of 1.000, 1.000, 1.012 or as close and can be to UniWB.

Iliah Borg has kindly agreed to host a jpg taken with this WB so everyone can access it. The file is at

http://www.pochtar.com/D3_NearUniWB.JPG

Downloading it to a CF card, putting it in your D3 and setting the WB from that image should be all you need to do. If my understanding is correct you also may want to set up a Picture Control using a custom curve which is linear to make best use of it.
--
Philip Sweetman

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow