Problem with Lightroom and Epson R2400

Started Jan 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Stevens1 Junior Member • Posts: 25
Problem with Lightroom and Epson R2400

I'm struggling with a printer problem and am hoping someone out there will point me in the right direction.

The problem is that the print frequently aborts half way through, the paper is ejected and I get a Print Failure error messsage.

I'm printing A3 using an Epson R2400, Lightroom for image cataloging, basic editing and printing, and Elements 6 for more detailed editing.

The problem has only started happening since I installed Lightroom. I print through Lightroom, but it has also occured when I print with Element 6 (not tried many times). It did not occur previously when I used the R2400 and printed through Element 4. So I'm not sure if the problem is the printer or the software.

I've got the colour mangement being managed by Lightroom (not the printer). I'm printing largish TIFF files (50mb - although they are only 8mb in RAW - don't understand why TIFF are so much bigger). The print might abort almost immediately, half way through or sometimes tantalisingly almost gets to the end, and then stops. The problem doesn't occur every time, but sufficiently frequently to make printing a pretty uncertain process.

I have no idea where to look to solve the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow