My 1D Mark 3 worked for about 5 minutes.

Started Jan 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Traffic53 New Member • Posts: 11
My 1D Mark 3 worked for about 5 minutes.

i had the same concerns many of you have/had about buying the mark 3- but went ahead with it anyway. i was under the impression that this body was worked through and the bugs were eliminated. hmmm. i got it today and tested it out by shooting wildlife in the yard with a 600f4. it was fine. i left the camera switched on and walked away to do other things. i picked it up again and put a 24-70mm on it to play some more. it wouldn't recognize the lens. it even told me the lens contacts were dirty at some point in my test- but not right away. then the shutter release button was acting up. it won't respond- which wouldn't normally bother me, except that i remembered it's a camera, and i need that button to function better.

too bad too. i need a back-up to the mark2N, but this won't do. anyone have a good source for new mark2n's? god knows when this body will truely be ready for 'prime-time'. the 2n has been brilliant. i need another of those!
--
Mike

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow