K10D AF adjustment

Started Jan 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chuck A Senior Member • Posts: 1,874
K10D AF adjustment

Hi All,

My K10D seems to have gone pretty far out of adjustment when it comes to AF. I have been using mostly MF lenses on it and recently bought an AF 28mm. When I tested the 28mm the focus was off quite a bit. I haven't used the kit lens for a while so I put the kit lens on and it was off just like the 28mm. So I am assuming that the AF system needs to be calibrated. Luckily I am still using firmware 1.10. I never upgraded it in case my focus went out of adjustment.

I have read the thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=22013971 and have gotten into the debug mode. I see how to change the values as well. There are 2 sets of values. The top set reads AF Area Test goes from 0-3 and the bottom set adjust the focus. I am not sure what the AF Area Test numbers mean. Does it matter what number I have it on before I change the AF adjustment number?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Thanks & God Bless,
Chuck
http://www.pbase.com/candrask

'The photograph isolates and perpetuates a moment of time: an important and revealing moment, or an unimportant and meaningless one, depending upon the photographer's understanding of his subject and mastery of his process.' -Edward Weston

'If I knew how to take a good photograph, I'd do it every time.' -Robert Doisneau

'You learn to see by practice. It's just like playing tennis, you get better the more you play. The more you look around at things, the more you see. The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it.' -Eliot Porter

Character is who you are when nobody else is looking.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow