Custom Curves for the D300

Started Dec 28, 2007 | Discussions thread
monte12345 Senior Member • Posts: 2,672
How do you load a custom curve?

With my D70, loading a custom curve was no problem, Capture 4 described how to do it quite well. However, I have yet to figure out how it's done with the D300 and need help.

As for whether the D300 truly needs a custom curve, I have yet to decide on that. Currently I have tweaked the metering down by 1/6 stop but that has no effect on flash exposures, which are slightly overexposed when using the built in flash.

So, I am now at the point where I am thinking about tweaking up a custom curve for the D300 in NX. On my D70 that took about a month and resulted in my being able to print without any post processing. Which I cannot yet do 100% of the time with the D300 although the hit rate is pretty good and the D-lighting does help with most of the problem images. However, I find that the D-lighting can have a bit of a "heavy hand" at times and would prefer a lighter touch.

Anyhow, if anyone reading this could post the procedure for loading a custom curve into the D300, please post it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C_4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow