D300 noise and Capture NX

Started Nov 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
ricko5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,344
Re: D300 noise and Capture NX

"Funny you would say it. Many folks keep saying Hasselblad camera interface is garbage, and F5 interface compared to F4 is garbage too. But when one get used to it he starts complaining everything else is garbage."

I appreciate it's all a matter of perspective and personal opinion and it takes great design to break moulds and lead the way to the future - that is the way progress happens - but are you suggesting that Nikon is leading the way in interface design and Apple and Microsoft should take a lead fom the NX interface? Sorry, I just don't see it. Though neither are perfect, Apple and Microsoft make very good operating systems, developed and proven over years, and most software developers don't need to tinker with the fundamntals of the interface, if they did, we would end up with a GUI free-for-all, be at the mercy of all the different software designers tastes and switching between applications would be a real pain in the a** as continuity and familiarity would be lost. I wouldn't buy a car if they switched the pedals around willy-nilly, it's one of the reasons why people like nikon don't feel the need to re-arrange all the controls on every camera they release.

Converting RAW to tiff and the like does adress some of the issues, but it also defeats the object of RAW which the imaging industry manufacturers have been ramming down the photography public's throat for the last three years.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSR
Don
LSR
LSR
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow