D300 noise and Capture NX

Started Nov 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
dennis dixson Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: D300 noise - very little difference when printed

Well I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks the Nikon software is painfully slow. Of course that also has something to do with the fact that I could use a lot more memory in my trusty old PC.

Coming from the D70, I was a bit dumbfounded when my D300 raw files refused to open. I probably went through the same thing with the D70 when I got it but it has been long enough that I can't really remember.

Converting the files to another format on upload worked fine. I'm in the same boat as everyone else, it's either upgrade hardware or software (or both). It's an interesting pickle to be in and I am enjoying learning about my new camera.

I'm looking forward to some definitive tests on actual raw files instead of jpgs which I rarely ever use. Or should I say some tests on post processing methods? The images I have taken so far at ISO 3200 look about as I would expect them to and actually rather film like in my mind (not that I have shot that many rolls of 3200 film). It is not likely that any of this will change my opinion of the camera which is the best Nikon I have owned so far.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSR
Don
LSR
LSR
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow