Aussies - Canon Aust rolling out repairs on IDMk III

Started Dec 7, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
steve_ng Forum Member • Posts: 97
Aussies - Canon Aust rolling out repairs on IDMk III

Just collected my camera and couldn't wait to test it out this weekend. The part descriptions shows "stopper, sub-mirror" (part No. CY4-0220-000) being replaced. The technician added that some adjustment were done to the focus mechanism, installed v1.1.3, cleaned sensor and tested the camera. When asked about the complimentary 1 years' warranty, he had to check with someguy at the office and concluded that they know nothing about this freebie in the US/ Europe and that we have to wait for the official announcements.

Since I'm not a full time photographer and hence not a CPS member, I mentioned to them that their website sucks for not providing correct information to the public. First of all, you cannot register your Mk III on the site because they have not updated their web site. So how do you inform your customers of potential problems ? The tech says, check the US website. The market in US is huge compared to Australia therefore, we are getting very poor services here.

Secondly, you cannot find the thread to the news announcement until you get it from their tech dept. Without dpreview's forum, I'm totally lost.

Thanks guys for posting with the latest news on the MK III.

Cheers, Steven

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow