D3 Owners - Check Your Clock Battery Icon

Started Dec 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fju25 New Member • Posts: 11
D3 Owners - Check Your Clock Battery Icon

Took delivery of my D3 today and had a most interesting day getting acquainted.

After leaving the store and beginning to take a few test shots on my own I discovered the CLOCK battery icon in the top display was on. The manual says this this icon is activated only when the clock battery is nearly exhausted. The serial number on my D3 starts with 2005..., so I figure it is certainly not one of the very first units off the production line. Battery life is supposed to be about 4 years, so this situation is a bit weird in my eyes. My dealer is replacing the clock battery - a standard CR1616 button type tomorrow. I really hope it's a faulty battery and not a circuit problem with the D3 clock. The only impact of a dead clock battery is that the date/time stamp on each picture file is wrong. My latest pics show a date of 12/31/06 and earlier ones showed the current date (I only took 62 pics today).

Otherwise, it's a dream come true! (Ordered from an established and reliable camera store in New Jersey at the end of October and got it today - and I'm just a guy who loves taking extraordinary pictures - not a pro by any definition.) Down the street, Unique Photo is telling me they have a considerable backlog that may take weeks - or months to close. I'm really glad I trusted my local hometown shop. They delivered!

Check your display. You should NOT see the CLOCK battery icon until 2010 or later.

I'l post again in this thread if the problem is not eliminated with the battery swap.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow