Goodbye Pentax

Started Dec 4, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jackfrost15 Regular Member • Posts: 332
Goodbye Pentax

I'm a little sad writing this because I have been a pentaxian for a long time now, enough time to accumulate 26 lenses and two camera bodies. But the truth is, my K10D with the battery grip had become the same monster camera that i so hastily dropped when I sold my Canon EOS 20D - with grip and all, several years ago.

I'm finding that I don't enjoy using it as much as I was when I first joined the pentax community and bought my first *istD. That was a nice and compact camera. All the iterations since then seem to have gone in an effort to emulate Canon - Why?

I know I will sorely miss my Limiteds, my 50mm 1.4, and my old manual focus lenses. But I was not using this huge capital enough to justify keeping it on a shelf half the time. I'm going with Olympus, E410 and E510 and just a handful of lenses. I know, I know, the Pentax lenses are unique and incomparable, but I just need to simplify. I guess I'm writing this as much to tell you what a great experience it has been to roam this forum as to convince myself that I'm not making a mistake. We'll see. Perhaps if Pentax comes out with another compact DSLR I will be able to come back. I will continue to check in here from time to time because I truly feel that this community is somewhat unique compared to all others on the site.

It's probably not permitted but as a service to my fellow Pentaxians who might want to pick up something special, you should know that I have 30+ items on auction as albert-one.
Best regards to all,

Alberto
--
GMT -5
'No Man Is Rich Enough To Buy Back His Past'

jackfrost15's gear list:jackfrost15's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Sony a6000
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow