2 serious bugs with 3D tracking and metering

Started Dec 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
Tony H Regular Member • Posts: 430
Re: Ok, here is an example

Hi,

Now, I'm not sure here, I don't have my D300 yet, but it seems to me - by my reading, and in my VERY humble opinion, that the test may be flawed - mostly because the way I understand what you are describing you are not "tracking" an object, you are manually changing a focus point with the shutter at 1/2 press.

It is possible that in 3D Tracking mode - it is meant for tracking, where the camera tracks and object? perhaps it is not designed to function the way you are using it manually moving a focus point rather then letting the camera track the subject?

like I said, I don't really know, I'm just thinking about the wording for the mode the camera is in, and I guess I would assume that in 3D Tracking, the camera would be responsible for doing the tracking as long as the shutter is 1/2 press? And although you manually moved the focus point, the camera did not track the subject of original interest to the new location, so the camera did not re-meter the total image?

Just a thought - like I said, I'm shooting from the hip here from what I interpreted from the posts, other peoples responses and the bits of the manual I have read so far waiting for my camera.

-T

Tony H's gear list:Tony H's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Samsung NX1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
JH1
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow