2 serious bugs with 3D tracking and metering

Started Dec 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
OP jp Senior Member • Posts: 1,151
you are wrong

Hans Giersberg wrote:

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by "spot/matrix" - it's
either spot metering or matrix metering or center weighted metering.

Using this notation I meant that it applied to both.

There's no such thing as spot/matrix metering.

Of course not and have the impression that you are abusing my notation to undermine my credibility in a very childich way. If not and you really misinterpreted my writing then I aplogize.

If you're in matrix metering mode, then of course the metering won't
follow the subject. Matrix metering is a full scene metering mode,
unlike spot metering.

Wrong: matrix metering also places a bias on the subject based on the location of the AF point selected by the user. In auto area AF, it even selects the appropriate af points first to isolate the subject, and then applies matrix metereing with bias on the subject

It also works correctly by the way, when you switch 3D tracking off, which is all the more proof that there is a "problem" or a "design flaw".
Ans as I said there are 2 problems:

most important is that matrix does not even follow the manually selected AF point., This is a clear error inm the exposre metering software.

second is that it also does not follow the point as it tracks, which is something I can accept since it takes up huge processing resources to do it and it could generate some erratic metering too.
But the first error is clearly repeatable and not acceptable to me

-- hide signature --

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Web Site - http://www.hgiersberg.com/

-- hide signature --

cameras don't shoot people
People shoot people.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
JH1
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
jp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow