D300 noise and Capture NX

Started Nov 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
Karld70 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,553
D300 and RAW

I suspect that the D300 is doing it’s great low noise reduction with the in camera processor, not so much that they have a great low noise sensor. I hope I’m wrong, I really want the D300 to give a nice clean low iso raw photo. There seems to me a lack of low noise tests being done with raw files. A lot of people who upgraded from a D200 or D80 that still have both cameras have posted jpeg samples, and we can all see the D300 will give us a much better noise free image right out of the camera.

We need a test of two RAW pictures taken with a D300 and D200/D80, converted straight to jpg, nothing else done to them to see what we are really getting out for the D300 sensor.

Part of the problem with people that already have the camera is they want to prove that they made the right decision and that the D300 is great. They may find problems along the way but will not be eager to point them out.

When DPreview does their review of the D300, they will do just that, and we can see just how good the D300 is at high iso noise reduction.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSR
Don
LSR
LSR
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
MTT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow