NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
Carl Robitaille New Member • Posts: 20
Re: NEC 2490WUXi rocks! sRGB looks great.

Tom_Bruno wrote:

Last week I took delivery of a NEC 2490WUXi.

Congrats on your purchase. Like you, I was going for a NEC 2690WUXi before reading this thread. So thank you very much for starting the thread and asking all the right questions, and of course thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I now understand that the sRGB mode can't be calibrated and that the only way to use the 12 bits internal LUT is to use aRGB. Since I want to switch between Linux and XP, I want the colors to be accurate when using applications not color management aware. So the NEC 2690WUXi can't be a good option for me.

I read all the posts in this thread, and there is still one thing that isn't 100% clear for me. I think the NEC 2490WUXi makes possible the calibration in sRGB mode using the 12 bits internal LUT. Is it really the case??? It's not obvious from your last post, and I've read conflicting things about that. I just don't want that profile to be stored in the LUT on the graphics card.

In other words, if the standard sRGB profile is used in the by XP, does the calibration give good results? That would ensure that, when switching to Linux, the calibration would remain the same and the colors would be accurate for all applications.

What profile are you using right now in XP?

One last thing way to put it.... I want to calibrate the monitor, then connect it to a different computer and still have a calibrated monitor which is accurate for sRGB. Is it too much to ask?

Carl

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HAE
VG
DRG
(unknown member)
7d7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow