Remember that complaining about the E-3 plastic card door?

Started Nov 28, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PDXguy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,714
Remember that complaining about the E-3 plastic card door?

It turns out the complaining was warranted.

After loading a new card into the camera, I closed the door and got a card-cover open error. I opened and closed the card dor a few times, still got the error. Removed the battery and card, reinserted both, same error.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed there is a small plastic pin which plunges a switch down when you close the door. It's on the lower-right of the door. The switch tells the camera the door is closed. It was bent off to one side. I pulled it up with my finger nail and it broke off completely.

I call that a very poor design.

So, I'll get out the super glue and attempt repair. If that doesn't work, I'll either send it off to Oly for door replacement, or jamb the switch down permanently with something and forget about it.

This is a $1,700 camera. This should NOT be happening. I've been extremely careful with this camera, almost to the point of revulsion.

Be forewarned. If you get the same error, most likely it's that cheap-assed plastic pin has bent over, or broken off completely.
--
Regards,
Steve
Please do not edit my images without asking permission.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow