D300: Compromises vs. Improvements

Started Nov 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
rxgolf Regular Member • Posts: 237
40D and D300

I too have shot both, but more shots with the 40D. Honestly, they both focus really fast with the lenses I have used(24-105 & 100-400 Canon) and (70-200VR Nikon), but I would give the nod to the D300. After seeing this post, I opened my window and shot the sky from ISO 200 to ISO 1600. I used aperature priority for all shots. I just do not see what I see in your shots Clint. I printed the one from the 1250ISO on the HP8750, and it looks perfect. Sorry I can't post, but probably would not show my shots anyway, for I will leave that for the pros. I am just a mere hobbyist, but I can at least see what I shot tonight and there is no problem. My wife gave my shots a second opinion, and they looked natural to her also. Even though my D3 should be here soon, I would not consider either the 40D or the D300 a compromise if I was "stuck" with either :-). I see them both as absolute gifts to the photagrapher, and so much better and easier to use than when I shot the Canon 1n 10 years ago. Man, the 40D and D300 are BOTH just awesome and if we can't get good files from either we need some more practice and experience. They really are good!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Greg

rxgolf's gear list:rxgolf's gear list
Nikon Z6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Mjs
(unknown member)
AAK
AAK
AAK
AAK
AAK
jp
thw
thw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow