E-3 Possible Problem...

Started Nov 21, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Ivanitsky Regular Member • Posts: 294
E-3 Possible Problem...

I received my E-3 and 12-60 last week, and the 35-100 yesterday.

While experimenting with the 35-100, I had a problem where I could not focus at all, either AF or MF, and changing focus mode or AF point/s did not solve the problem. I thought that I had accidentally pressed one of the focus lock buttons on the 35-100, but this was not the case.

Only the focus would not work. In all other aspects, the camera was fully functional. Focus in live view would not work, either.

I reset the camera, changed lenses to the 12-60, and no problem. Back to 35-100, and it worked. Then turned camera off, and back on, and it did not work.

I thought it was a problem with the 35-100 lens, but on further experimentation, I can do it with the 12-60, as well. It seems that the lenses just do not initialize properly at times, and restarting the camera corrects the problem. I can predictably cause the problem by turming the camera off, then quickly on.

Has anyone esle experienced this behavior?

If it is a common experience, It may be a bug, which Olympus needs to address in the first firmware update.

-Mike

BTW, I otherwise love the camera, and, like all here who own the E-3, am still on the steep part of the learning curve!

Michael Ivanitsky's gear list:Michael Ivanitsky's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow