A few portraits from Colombia

Started Nov 3, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
A few portraits from Colombia

Well it was really good to get back here again and as well as the R1, this time I managed to pack a couple Metz flashes as well as a few filters.

Fanny kinda likes to have her picture taken and we are looking a a few new 5 x 7 photos of the family to put in some frames in the living room so these are a few of the shots we took.

The first few shots were taken on a rainy day and I was limited to the inside and to the Metz flashes for lighting. In Montreal the light is a little different and the 81A filter I normally use causes an undesirable color cast.

These last two were taken in outside in the shaded patio area with the sunlight supplemented with flash.

Fanny doesnt need a lot of make up, but she is over 50 so the Softar I filter takes the hard edges off some of the character lines and makes her day.

The last one is my favorite. My own background is largely technical photography and I dont do lots of portraits, but I think these turned out OK. Carlos is currently between jobs here again and Im going to see if he can learn enough to pick up some photography shoots on a part time basis.

One I get caught up on things, Ill be posting some shots from around Cali later in the month.

All comments are welcome.
BG

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow