A simpler digital camera

Started Nov 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
Leo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,287
Re: A simpler digital camera

I think that the way cameras designed and built (everything in one body) it allows mass production and lower prices for us. I would like a small and light camera with no noise, high ISO and with fast operation. Also with a viewfinder to see what I am composing be it indoor or under bright sun. Hhowever, many people do not care. They point, push shutter and print all that are on the card.

The digital camera selection is enormous. For example, a dSLR Pentax 100D is $399 and after offered $100 rebate is $299. I do not think we should complain. Companies are trying to be in business, make profit and their efforts supported by the crowed. Virtually any camera can be configured to the owner taste. If your sister prefer to to rely on care less service and spend more money instead of read several manuals then it is her preference and choice. Films, their processing is available. I have tried it recently dusting off my Pentax ME Super and was very disappointed with results that reminded me the forgotten bad memories. The film was not developed and printing was not done correctly. All printed 4x6 all were not sharp and overly contrasty. Instead of arguing with Wolf Camera shop service for reprints I just put the film and prints to a closest available garbage can near the service shop. Never again.
Leo

Leo's gear list:Leo's gear list
Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL HD Pentax DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow