NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
DavidC Senior Member • Posts: 2,145
Re: NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

I use sRGB on the 2690 because I make pictures to be seen primarily on the web. Most of the people who will look at my pictures will do so through IE - which is not colour managed - and through displays which are not wide colour gamut. There is little point in producing an image that looks good in CS3 using the aRGB colour space only to find it looks dull and undersaturated in IE. The compromise I find it best to make is to stick with sRGB right through my workflow. I recently had a problem with sRGB not looking consistent across different programs but that seems to have sorted itself out.

If I was doing work primarily to be printed I would use the aRGB setting in CS3 and a wide gamut setting on the 2690.

I am probably insufficiently attuned to colour but I do not find the sRGB setting on the 2690 and in CS3 give me an unsatisfactory image that looks wrong across different programs or on other (non wide gamut) displays.

The reason I went for the 2690 is that the colour looks fine to me using the sRGB setting now and the 1920x1200 resolution helps my aging eyes a lot. I would need a magnifying glass to use 1920x1200 on a 24" display.

David
http://www.davidcolepictures.co.uk

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HAE
VG
DRG
(unknown member)
7d7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow